Wildlife Safari, Olive, Beer and Wine Tasting Day Tour from Cape Town
This tour takes you from Cape Town up the West Coast to experience an 3 hour long guided game drive where you have the chance to see rhino, lions, giraffe etc. You leave the tranquillity of Buffelsfontein and take a drive to a olive farm for a great tasting experience before visiting the quaint little town called Darling where you visit Darling Breweries to taste some of their 13 craft beers they produce while you enjoy lunch at the same time. Desert at the local toffee manufactures. This is followed by going to either Ormonde or Groote Post Wine Estate where you will have the chance to taste of their fine delectable wines on offer. After a very relaxing and pleasureful day you will be taken back to your Cape Town via Bloubergstrand. From there you will have one of the most beautiful views over Table Bay towards Table Mountain.
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Coffee or tea
- Game drive led by game ranger
- Olive tasting
- Toffee tasting
- Wine tasting
- Small-group tour – maximum 7 guests
- Transport - 2017 Ford Tourneo Custom, air-conditioned minivan
- Owner driver/guide
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Darling Olives
- Entry/Admission - Ormonde Vineyard
What's excluded :
- Drinks - Beer tasting: ZAR20 per taster
- Lunch - ZAR65-195
- Entry/Admission - Darling Brew
Pass By: Cape Town International Convention Centre, 1 Lower Long Street Convention Square, Cape Town Central 8001 South Africa
We pass CTICC as we start trip to private game reserve
Stop At: Darling Olives, R315 Alexanderfontein Estate, Darling 7345 South Africa
At Darling Olives, they do not only produce great-tasting olives, but also offer a great tasting experience so you can discover their range of delicious products right there on the farm.
Their entire range of olive products is available for tasting during a 30 minute presentation. You can look forward to Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO); Garlic Infused Olive Oil; Olive Chocolate, Jams, Pastes and Rubs; as well as their delicious Black and Calamata Olives.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Darling Sweet, 7 A Lang Street, Darling 7345 South Africa
After lunch we visit Darling Sweets for desert. This quant little store makes their own toffees in various flavours. Free tasting and with the delicious taste and great packaging design, you are bound to buy some as gifts for family and loved ones back home.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Ormonde Vineyard, Mount Pleasant Street, Darling 7345 South Africa
Wines are at best subjective, jealously guarded by their makers who always feel part of it. Here at Ormonde we are no different.
We pride ourselves on creating wines characteristic of our terrior and pour our passion for creating wines into each and every wine to be enjoyed by wine lovers all over the world.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Bloubergstrand, Cape Town, 7441, South Africa
Our last stop for the day. From here you get the most beautiful view of Table Mountain across Table Bay. During the summer months it is a kitesurfing Mecca.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Darling Brew, 48 Caledon Street, Darling 7345 South Africa
Africa’s First Carbon Neutral Brewery. In operation since 2010, Darling Brew is one of South Africa’s first well established and award-winning microbreweries. They brew a wide range of premium specialty beers – including traditional lagers, ales, oat ales, pale ales, IPA’s, wheat beers and exotic darks – that are loved for their flavour, quality ingredients and brewing process. Each beer in their range has unique characteristics and is dedicated in honour of an endangered species. Lunch will be enjoyed at the brewery.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Buffelsfontein, South Africa
Situated in the heart of the West Coast, an hour away from Cape Town, you’ll find Buffelsfontein Game & Nature Reserve. This 1600 ha family owned reserve is home to some of Africa’s greats such as Lion, Buffalo, White Rhino and Giraffe.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from all hotels, Airbnb and guest houses in Cape Town CBD, V&A Waterfront, Atlantic Seaboard and Bloubergstrand. We also collect from Cape Town Cruise Terminal.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff