Whales & Wine Tour (Hermanus)
• Pick up in small air-conditioned vehicles with driver guide at central hotels included. Please ask at time of booking if your hotel is included in the central area.
• This tour only operates JULY to NOVEMBER
• There is no guarantee Whales will be sighted although our guides make every effort to find the best viewing point.
• Spectacular scenery of mountains, False Bay, the Indian Ocean and gorgeous beaches, and an opportunity to join boat-based whale watching (for own account +/- R670 per person and subject to availability and weather).
• Wine tasting included at Bouchard Finlayson in the Hemel en Aarde Valley included on Wed and Fri. On Sun we visit a Cheetah Sanctuary if time permits.
• Lunch is excluded and for own account. Your guide will advise about local restaurants in Hermanus.
What's included :
- Pick up from hotels in central areas in small air-conditioned vehicles with driver guide. Please check at time of booking if your hotel is in the central area.
What's excluded :
- Excluded: Lunch, refreshments, tea, souvenirs and boat-based whale watching at +/- R670 per person.
There is no guarantee that Whales will be sighted although our guides make every effort to find the best viewing point.
The scenic coastal Clarence Drive offers spectacular views of False Bay. We arrive at the quaint holiday town of Hermanus and search the cliffs of Walker Bay for whales. There may be an opportunity to join boat-based whale watching (for own account +/-R880 per person and subject to availability and weather).
Your guide will point out a variety of options for lunch (own account).
Our tour continues into the beautiful Hemel en Aarde Valley (Heaven and Earth) to the Bouchard Finlayson Wine Estate where we are treated to tasting some of their delicious wines.The estate is closed on Sundays, but a visit to the cheetah sanctuary will be included instead, if time permits.
Relax with a cup of tea (own account) at a farm stall where you can find natural preserves, jams with a difference, and delicious pastries.
We return over Sir Lowry’s Mountain Pass and enjoy the views of long white sandy beaches stretching along the False Bay coastline. On a clear day it is possible to see Cape Point.
• Handy tip: Sun protection, protective clothing and preventative treatment against sea sickness are advisable when going on the boat trip.
• Included: Wine tasting at Bouchard Finlayson (or entrance to the cheetah sanctuary on Sundays).
• Excluded: Lunch, tea and boat-based whale watching.
• Children under 12 years pay half price for our tours.
Departure Point :Pick up and drop off from central hotels is included. Please check at time of booking if your hotel is in the central area.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable casual clothing and shoes and a warm top recommended.
- Sun protection, protective clothing and preventative treatment against sea sickness are advisable when going on the boat trip.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers