Table Mountain: Tranquility Cracks Full Day Hike
A full day hike on the South Western side of Table Mountain. Start on a trail following an old water pipeline with the Twelve Apostles Peaks towering above you. Enjoy panoramic views of Lions Head peak the turquoise ocean and white beaches around Camps Bay and the lush vineyards of Constantia. Explore hidden cracks in the mountain where magical forests grow. Enjoy lunch in a shady cavern. Descend a historical trail via the Old Cableway with more breathtaking views of the back face of Table Mountain. Enjoy this less touristy route!
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
From the car park, you will meet your guide and have a short briefing
Set off along the contour trail above Camps Bay with sweeping ocean views to your right and towering peaks to your left.
Take many stops to take photos, drink water, eat snacks and to learn about the fauna, flora, and history of the area with your passionate, knowledgeable and friendly guide.
Make your way on this relatively flat trail through patches of forest and woody ravines.
At the end of the contour, you will have a steep ascent up corridor ravine. At the top, you can enjoy views of vineyards and oceans while having a short break.
Your guide will now show you the hidden Tranquility Cracks. A magical place where you will break for a rest and snack.
Hike the spine trail above the 12 Apostles and stop at the old cable station where you will have the opportunity to get a photo on "surfboard rock" if you want a thrill.
Hike down another beautiful ravine back onto the contour path to the car park. Please note that this hike does not visit the Table Top or Cable Station.
You will be shown all the best photo locations by your guide who will also be your photographer.
Enjoy this less touristy route!
• Table Mountain National Park 8001 South Africa
Departure Point :Lower Tafelberg 1, Table Mountain (Nature Reserve), Cape Town, South Africa
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is sports/hiking gear, comfortable walking shoes and a warm top
- Please bring a sufficient amount of water in your backpack
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival
- Activity is weather dependent
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival