Table Mountain: Skeleton Gorge to Cable Way Full Day Hike
A full day’s hike. Meander and rock scramble through a forest with freshwater streams and some of the oldest trees in Cape Town as you summit the Southern Side of Table Mountain. Enjoy views of the famous Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens. Relax on the white sands of a mountain lake. Trek up a gorgeous nature trail to Maclear's Beacon, the highest point on Table Mountain. Enjoy lunch with views of the peninsula. Traverse the northern face of Table Mountain with views of the city, and Robben Island in the bay. Enjoy many panoramic views before catching the cable car back down the mountain.
Enjoy this less touristy route!
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- One Way Cable Car Fee
Meet your friendly guide at Gate 2 of Kirstenbosch Gardens for a briefing.
Hike through the lush green Afromontane forest to the start of Skeleton Gorge ravine trail.
Relax at a waterfall before the steep ascent to the top of the ravine.
Take many stops with your guide to learn about the fauna, flora and the history of the area.
Enjoy the cool streams and lush canopy of the forest.
Relax and refuel on a white beach and lake at the top of the ravine. A remarkable spectacle.
Hike the historic and floristic Smuts track to the highest point of Table Mountain.
Take a break at the beacon to refuel and enjoy the view.
Walk the flat north face of Table Mountain with panoramic views of the city and Table Bay below.
Your guide will show you the secret places to take the best photos.
Once you get to the top of the trail your guide will show you around the tabletop summit stopping for fauna, flora, and panorama.
There are bathrooms and a cafe at the summit if you wish to refresh and refuel. After you have explored you may enjoy the cable car ride back down, weather permitting.
Enjoy this less touristy route!
• Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden, Rhodes Drive, Newlands 7735 South Africa
Departure Point :Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden, Rhodes Dr, Newlands, Cape Town, 7735, South Africa
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is sports/hiking gear, comfortable walking shoes and a warm top
- Please bring a sufficient amount of water in your backpack
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival
- Activity is weather dependent
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival