Table Mountain Half Day Hike: Platteklip Gorge
Zig-zag your way up the fastest route to the summit of Table Mountain in Cape Town, South Africa. This is the same path used before the cable-way was built. Look back at postcard views of Table Bay, Robben Island and down town Cape Town. This is the iconic way up the 7th Natural Wonder of the World. Enjoy time on the summit with many viewpoints and photo opportunities, grab a bite to eat or drink at the cafe on top and experience the cable-way back down the mountain.
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- One Way Cable Car Fee
From the start of Platteklip Gorge Trail, you will meet your guide and have a short briefing
After this, you will begin your zig-zag your way up the fastest route to the top of Table Mountain. Take it at your own pace as this is the shortest way up but rather steep. There are no cliffs and drops below you though.
Take many stops to take photos, drink water, eat snacks and to learn about the fauna, flora, and history of the area with your passionate, knowledgeable and friendly guide.
Your guide will show you the secret places to take the best photos.
Once you get to the top of the trail your guide will show you around the tabletop summit stopping for fauna, flora, and panorama.
There are bathrooms and a cafe at the summit if you wish to refresh and refuel. After you have explored you may enjoy the cable car ride back down, weather permitting.
• Table Mountain National Park 8001 South Africa
Departure Point :Platteklip Gorge Starting Point, Tafelberg Rd, Table Mountain (Nature Reserve), Cape Town, 8001, South Africa
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is sports/hiking gear, comfortable walking shoes and a warm top
- Please bring a sufficient amount of water in your backpack
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival
- Activity is weather dependent
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival