Skip the Line: District Six Museum Admission Ticket
Learn about this once multi-racial, colourful hub for musicians, artists, and ‘good’ and ‘bad’ gangsters, that faced a 20-year long period of demolition and forced removals during the apartheid era.
Duration 30 to 90 minutes
Voucher Mobile ticket
What's included :
- Entrance Ticket
- Entry/Admission - District Six Museum
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Guided tour is an optional extra
The District Six Museum caters for locals as well as foreigners, and is an educational experience for both adults and children. Visitors learn about this once multi-racial, colourful hub for musicians, artists, and ‘good’ and ‘bad’ gangsters, that faced a 20-year long period of demolition and forced removals during the apartheid era. Engage with photographs, recordings and testimonials, which offer further insight into the turbulence of apartheid. In between exhibitions, share in the stories of District Six with engaging and friendly staff members, the majority of whom were displaced residents themselves and have intimate and personal stories to share.
Be warned: it is impossible not to be emotionally touched when visiting this site. Nevertheless, it is an important place to visit to help create a stronger understanding of South Africa’s rich history. Make a point of joining in on a guided tour from a genuine ex-resident of the original District Six. You will gain a real sense of what it was like for the people back in those days.
Departure Point :
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Did you know: The ground floor of the museum is covered by a large street map of District Six on which are handwritten notes by former residents indicating where their demolished homes once stood.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms