When it comes to Sandboarding in Cape Town, Downhill Adventures was the first and is still the best! Our World-Champion equipment and teaching techniques guarantee you will have an exhilarating fun-filled experience in some of the most spectacular sand dune fields in Africa.
It’s fast, a blast and easy to learn – with Downhill Adventures, the inventors of Sandboarding!
The magnificent Atlantis Dunes field is a perfect spot to Sandboard. Amazing views and white sand dunes ranging up to 35 metres (114 feet) make this a must-do adventure activity while in the Cape, one of the few commercial Sandboarding locations in the world.
Derived from Snowboarding, the sport is popular in areas with desert or coastal sand dunes. Unlike Snowboarding, however, which is largely seasonal, dunes are mostly available all year round.
With the combo option you will also be treated to a thrilling quadbike/ATV ride
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Driver/Professional Guide
- Sandboarding Equipment
What's excluded :
On arrival at the dunes your guide will instruct you in the basics of sandboarding, teaching you how to handle your board and give you a safety briefing. You will then start out on smaller dunes and take on the bigger dunes as you get more confident!
Our half day adventure will end around lunch time and you will be transported back to town.
Our full day adventure, you will continue sandboarding in the afternoon.
Our combo option, which is the most popular one, you will have a chance to do some fun Quad bike/ATV riding after the sandboarding.
Departure Point :Cape Town, Cape Town, Western Cape
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: • Downhill Adventures Cape Town • Hotel Pickup within city limits
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Dress comfortable with sneakers/closed shoes and preferably shorts
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers