Private Lesedi Cultural Village Tour from Johannesburg R933
Learn about the different tribes of South Africa on this half-day tour to the Lesedi Cultural Village. Get a window in to the culture of tribes such as the Xhosa and the Zulu, as well as a chance to taste their cuisine. Round-trip hotel transportation included
What's included :
- Transportation Round-trip
- Entrance Fee
- Driver Guide
- Entry/Admission - Lesedi Cultural Village
What's excluded :
Stop At: Lesedi Cultural Village, Portion 198 Of Farm no 493 Off the R512, Lanseria 1748 South Africa
You depart from your hotel in Johannesburg on this culture themed tour heading to Lesedi Culture Village which is a about an hour drive from Johannesburg.
You drive through Johannesburg's leafy suburbs travelling through Johannesburg North en-route the Village. As you progress on the trip, you'll realize that now you are leaving the city and heading out of town. This is characterized again with the terrain of the road as you further pull away from the city to a more countryside type of environment. By now you will start to learn about the Zulus and why they like the fighting sticks, the Xhosa with their trademarks blankets and the drums and whistles of the Pedi people just to mention a few.
Once at Lesedi the atmosphere changes to a traditional set up where you get to see the homesteads in their traditional set-up. You are split to groups to get a feeling of the diversity in culture with each group getting maximum exposure from the various traditional diversity. You also get to know how much dowry each tribe asks for and of course, this is paid in cows and the day will not be over without a taste a local cuisine.
After, you hop back to your tour van and head back to your hotel in Johannesburg.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate