Private Full-Day Cradle of Human Kind Tour from Johannesburg R1200,00
Explore the Cradle of Human Kind, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, on this full-day tour from Johannesburg. Learn about where the human race started and see fossils that date back to the beginning of humans' time on earth.
Duration 6 hours
Pickup Hotel pickup available
Voucher Mobile ticket
What's included :
- Entrance fee
- Pick up and drop off (Round Transportation)
- Entry/Admission - The Cradle of Humankind
What's excluded :
Stop At: The Cradle of Humankind, Krugersdorp North, Cradle of Humankind World Heritage Site South Africa
You depart from your hotel in Johannesburg and drive through the suburbs of Johannesburg north on your way to the Cradle of human kind. Your tour guide will keep you updated on where you are at the particular point thus making the tour even more enjoyable.
The Cradle of Human Kind is about 47,000 hectares and is located about 50 kilometers from Johannesburg. It is one of the 8 Places in South Africa listed as World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1999.
Whilst on this tour, you will visit various places including Sterfontein Caves where the 2.3 million year old fossil Australopithecus africanus was unearthed in 1947.
The Maropeng Visitor center is a world class exhibition that was opened in 2005 and focuses on the development of hominins. You will also see a massive burial mound called the Tumulus which serves as the gateway to you learning about the origin of Mankind.
The caves are quite interesting with a lot of turning areas and therefore are not suitable for people with back problems.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate