Private Borobudur Sunrise Tour from Yogyakarta
One of the largest Buddhist spiritual sites in the world, Borobudur was built by hand from thousands of volcanic and river stone blocks between the 8th and 9th centuries. It consists of three tiers, five terraces, a myriad of stupas and Buddhist icons, and exquisitely carved reliefs.
Some 432 serene-faced Buddha images stare out over the surrounding rice fields and distant mountains. The temple fell into disuse in the 14th century and was covered by jungle and volcanic ash until it was rediscovered by Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles in 1814, upon hearing reports of a hidden sanctuary deep within the interior of the island of Java. This unforgettable half-day private tour serves up a splendid sunrise above the ancient temples.
What's included :
- A half-day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver.
- All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- A light breakfast at a local restaurant is included (food only)
- Entry/Admission - Borobudur Temple
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Transfers from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
Stop At: Jalan Manohara Hotel, Jl. Manohara Hotel, Kw. Candi Borobudur, Borobudur, Kec. Borobudur, Kabupaten Magelang, Jawa Tengah, Indonesia
The early bird catches the worm – or sunrise in this case! It is worth the early start for the incredible spectacle you are about to witness. You will set off between 3 am and 4 am to the Manohara Hotel, which is just a few minutes from the Borobudur Archaeological Park. From here, embark on a leisurely stroll to complex that covers a 2,500 sq-m surface area.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Borobudur Temple, Taman Wisata Candi Borobudur, Borobudur, Magelang 56553 Indonesia
With the light yet to pierce through the dark, the complex sits in an almost eerie silence as you approach this most enigmatic of temples. As the morning mist disperses and the sun begins to rise from behind Mount Merapi, witness how the rays from the sun highlight the stone reliefs and the many faces of Buddha. Enjoy the silence, the spiritual atmosphere, the colours of the sky, and the views of surrounding mountains and terraced rice fields.
The fresh morning air, paired with a strong black coffee, or a refreshing tea, enhances this once in a lifetime experience.
At the end of the tour, your driver will take you back to your hotel.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :3:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in downtown Yogyakarta. Transfers outside these areas, including the Borobudur and Prambanan regions, and Yogyakarta’s International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions
- This tour is not operational during then holy day of Waisak as the Borobudur will be closed for religious ceremonies for the public.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself.
- Royal temples and palaces uphold a very strict dress code: it is essential that you dress appropriately during this excursion by wearing clothes that cover shoulders and fall below the knees.
- Customers wearing shirts with obscene and disrespectful prints and pictures and brightly-coloured clothing may be refused entrance.
- We will always make the effort to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pick-up and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sun’s rays are still very powerful.
- The protection of the country’s flora and fauna is of immense importance for us. We will not pursue any activities for guests that are not in line with our animal, wildlife and environment protection principles.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- We recommend bringing a light jacket / sweater with you on this tour as part of early-morning excursion brings customers where the average temperatures can drop to lower levels.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides