Premium Full-Day Wine Tour in Constantia from Cape Town
Enjoy an exclusive and intimate wine tour experience that includes a private personalized tutor on the magnificent history and wine-making practices of Constantia that dates back to 1685. Enjoy a 3-course A la carte meal at the award winning Buitenverwacthing restaurant, and an off-road experience for breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean. End the day with a premium chocolate and wine pairing at the Iconic Groot Constantia wine estate.
What's included :
- Pick up and drop off at your accommodation.
- Local & knowledgeable guides ready to answer your questions.
- Sit down 3-course A la Carte lunch.
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Cold water in air-conditioned luxury vehicle.
- 4 x 4 off road vineyard & tasting experience.
- Premium tastings at 3 – 4 chosen farms of the day.
- MCC (bubbly) tasting on a private balcony overlooking False Bay.
- Private Cellar Tour.
- Private Room Tasting.
- Views overlooking the back of Table Mountain, 12 Apostles & Constantia Berg.
- No bills to settle, no waiting, no queuing, zero disappointment.
What's excluded :
Enjoy a cellar tour or garden path stroll at your first stop with a premium tasting.
After a morning filled with breathtaking scenery and a stunning array of wines we then proceed to Buitenverwachting Wine Estate this beautiful farm formed part of the original Constantia estate that was established in 1685. Here you will enjoy a glass of wine & 3-course lunch from Chef Edgar Osojnik's A la Carte menu and kitchen. The restaurant is situated in the original thatch and whitewashed Cape Dutch building forming part of the historic Buitenverwachting Wine Estate. This farm experience with the beautiful view of Constantiaberg is sure to live up to its name: Buitenverwachting - "Beyond Expectation"
If your tour is on a Sunday then we will enjoy lunch at either Catharina's or 1682 Bistro just because Buitenverwachting is closed on a Sunday.
You then proceed to an exclusive experience at Klein Constantia Wine Estate. Once you arrive you will be taken on a personal guided explanation of the history & philosophy at Klein Constantia. You then start your second 4x4 off-road tour to the highest point of this historic vineyard, once you reach the viewing deck with the breathtaking views of the False Bay coast and Cape Peninsula, you toast with a glass of the estate's award-winning "Bubbles" better known as Method Cap Classique. After the vineyard tour, you will be taken on a private cellar tour ending off with a personalised tasting in the estate owners tasting room - Duggies Dungeon or the VDC Museum Cellar.
Return back to your accommodation.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up all our guests in and around the greater Cape Town areas as well as drop off.Airports
- Cape Town Intl Airport, Cape Town Central South Africa
- V&A Waterfront, 19 Dock Rd, Cape Town, 8001, South Africa
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Maximum number of travelers per booking is 9 people
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons