Knysna Dolphin Watching & Garden Route Coastline Experience
Enjoy this spectacular 1.5-hour sightseeing cruise, that takes you across the Knysna Lagoon and out to sea through the Knysna Heads to explore the coves, caves and bays of our rugged and beautiful coastline. With your local, professional guide, experience the highlights from the geological characteristics and the biodiversity of Knysna’s estuarine and marine environment. Get a chance to often see marine life in your shared group, with no more than 25 people. Choose from one of three departure times when you book.
What's included :
- Bottled water - Available on request
- Local guide
What's excluded :
Pass By: Knysna Heads, Coney Glen Road, Knysna 6571 South Africa
The Knysna Heads is our passage to sea. We travel through them and out into the ocean. Depending on the day we will take you to the various caves and coves that skirt the headlands.
Pass By: Knysna Lagoon, The coast of the city, Knysna 6571 South Africa
The Knysna Lagoon is a big part of our tour. We travel through it to proceed out into the ocean and come back into our moorings at Thesen Island Marina. Passengers can admire the beauty of the Knysna estuary and its surroundings from the boat as we cross the estuary.
Departure Point :Ocean Odyssey gifts and curio's office and reception for trips, Thesen Harbour Town, Th22 Long St, Thesen Island, Knysna, 6571, South Africa
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- All trips subject to sea and weather conditions
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation - minimum number of passengers required due to vessel operating weight requirement.
- Children and infants are considered a passenger and have a seat allocation.
- Marine mammals are free roaming and wild, sightings of any kind are not guaranteed therefore we do not offer refunds for no sightings-
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for travellers with high risk pregnancies
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 37 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons