Full-Day West Coast Private Tour from Cape Town with Local Guide
This day trip along the Cape West Coast is truly a photographers dream. The abundant fauna, flora and stunning surrounds entice you to take an easy walk or a short hike in the West Coast National Park. Round off the day with sundowners while marvelling at Table Mountain from Blouberg Beach. It is a tour of relaxation in the unbelievably beautiful gem of the Cape’s West Coast. Year-round enjoy incredible coastal scenery, while in-season (Aug-Sep) journey into a wonderland of flowers.
What's included :
- Pick-up and drop-off service. These places may be different as long as they are both within 10km from Cape Town City Centre
- Transport to tour highlights in licensed and insured vehicle
- Qualified local English-speaking tour guide
- Sundowner drink in Blouberg
- 1x Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - West Coast National Park
What's excluded :
Stop At: West Coast National Park South Africa
Discover immeasurable beauty along the Western Cape’s West Coast. During Flower Season (Aug – Sept) the landscape is covered in a myriad of colours, while year-round the unique countryside offers a contrast between wilderness and ocean. This private tour offers you the flexibility to choose how long you would like to spend in the West Coast National Park, and what you would like to do. There are many short walks and hiking trails; the up-close detail and beauty accompanied by the wonderful scents, will remain with you forever. For lunch, you’ll have the option to decide between two fantastic restaurants; one within the park, and the other in the seaside town of Langebaan. Feel free to ask your guide for his recommendation. End-off the day sipping delicious sundowners and drinking in the views of Table Mountain and the Mother City from Blouberg Beach.
After pickup from your Cape Town accommodation, you’ll travel in a comfortable minivan, stopping along the way at a farm stall on the R27.
Arriving at the West Coast National Park, you’ll have roughly three hours to enjoy the park and its picture-perfect scenery. Explore this bird lovers’ kingdom situated along the Langebaan lagoon’s azure waters. The strandveld bursts into a tapestry of wildflowers during spring (Aug-Sept), where you might also spot wildlife, such as ostriches, eland, bontebok, springbok and tortoises.
Duration: 3 hours
Pass By: Langebaan Lagoon, Langebaan, Saldanha Bay Municipality 7357 South Africa
Choose to drive along the scenic routes or hike along the 4.6 kilometre Bakoor trail with views of the Langebaan Lagoon. Starting at the Langebaan gate, and taking you through to the Seeberg View Point – which is an ideal place to spot some of the rarer bird species found in the park, including the Curlow Sandpiper, Sanderling, and Knot. Alternatively, the 7 kilometre Geelbek trail take you all the way to the beach.
Stop At: Langebaan Beach, Bree St, Langebaan, South Africa
For lunch (optional extra), choose between staying in the park or moving on to the quaint seaside town of Langebaan. If you would like to remain in the park, dine at Geelbek restaurant, situated in an old Cape Dutch building, offering an array of West Coast traditional delicacies. If you wish to explore a little more, and enjoy a seaside setting, then lunch at Pearly’s restaurant in the charming fishing town of Langebaan is a must. Situated on Langebaan’s main beach, with views of the lagoon, this rustic restaurant offers delicious fresh seafood as well as pizza and pasta.
The journey back to your accommodation in Cape Town is broken-up with a stop for sundowners on Blouberg Beach. This is the ideal place to snap that iconic picture of Cape Town, with Table Mountain as its majestic backdrop. From here you can expect to arrive back early evening.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Africa Select Journeys, 13a Gardner Williams Ave Paardevlei, Cape Town Central 7710 South Africa
This is a private tour running exclusively for you and/or your group. You can request changes to the itinerary after your booking, to ensure you only travel to the highlights you prefer to see. Additional fees may apply for drastic changes.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick-up from any hotel, guesthouse, backpackers or street address within 10km radius of Cape Town or Stellenbosch central. If your hotel is not listed, simply select "my hotel is not listed" on the drop-down menu and type your preferred pick-up address.Airports
- Cape Town Intl Airport, Cape Town Central South Africa
- Western Cape Maritime Cluster, 06 Duncan Rd, Port of, Cape Town, 8000, South Africa
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Must be 18 years and older for wine tasting
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wine tasting or wine pairings are not included for kids under the legal drinking age of 18 years. Meals and drinks for children are for the adult’s account.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- This tour will adhere to the TOURISM INDUSTRY STANDARD COVID-19 SAFE PROTOCOLS during the time of the pandemic as prescribed by TBCSA aligned with the latest World Health Organisation (WHO) guidelines. The protocols will be updated on an on-going basis in line with pandemic status in South Africa.