Full-day Cape Point and Constantia Wine Tasting Private Tour from Cape Town
See the best of the Cape Peninsula on a private day trip from Cape Town! Sit back and relax as your attentive guide drives you along Chapman’s Peak Drive, a spectacular marine road, to Cape Point. After walking around these stunning sites, head to Boulders Beach to penguin spot at leisure, and then finish with a wine-tasting session and tour at the Groot Constantia wine estate in Constantia Valley.
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Cellar tour and wine tasting at Groot Constantia wine estate
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Local English-speaking professional tour guide
- 1x Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Chapman's Peak Drive
- Entry/Admission - Cape Point Nature Reserve
- Entry/Admission - Cape of Good Hope
- Entry/Admission - Groot Constantia
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees to the penguin reserve at Boulders Beach
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Boulders Beach Penguin Colony
Stop At: Chapman's Peak Drive, Hout Bay Road Between Noordhoek and Hout Bay, 7872 South Africa
Meet your friendly private guide in Cape Town and head west by air-conditioned minivan, travelling along one of the world’s must-do routes -- Chapman’s Peak Drive. Wrapping itself around the Cape Peninsula, this cliff-hugging pass cuts into the mountainside, with sheer drops down to the crashing ocean waves below. Hair-raising to drive yourself, Chapman’s Peak (if open - subject to weather conditions) is far better to experience as a passenger, offering some of the most indescribably scenic views that you’ll probably ever see.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Cape Point Nature Reserve, Cape Town Central South Africa
After approximately 30 minutes, arrive at the Cape of Good Hope Reserve, part of Table Mountain National Park, for a leisurely walk with your guide. Following craggy stone paths along the headland, wander over to the Cape Point lighthouse to see the wild Atlantic waves lapping on the cliffs.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cape of Good Hope, Cape Point Rd, Table Mountain National Park 8001 South Africa
Continue to Cape Point, the narrow finger of land that marks South Africa’s southeastern tip, and with your guide walk through the beautiful Cape Point Nature Reserve. Keep an eye out for the wildlife that roams free along the coastal paths, like Ostrich, Antelope and lizards, to name a few!
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Kalk Bay Harbour, Kalk Bay 7990 South Africa
Hop back on board your luxury minivan and relax on the journey north to Constantia Valley, known as Cape Town’s vineyard. On the way, pass the beach resorts of Fish Hoek and Kalk Bay, as well as picture-perfect villages like St James and Simon’s Town.
Stop At: Boulders Beach Penguin Colony, Simon's Town 7995 South Africa
Stop at Boulders Beach, famously home to a large colony of African penguins, to have a look around independently. Entrance to the penguin reserve is at your own expense, but the free walkways next to the reserve also offer great viewing platform
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Groot Constantia Estate Groot Constantia Road, Constantia 7806 South Africa
Arriving in Constantia Valley in the late afternoon, head straight to Groot Constantia -- a historical wine estate that was founded in 1685. As fine as it is old, the estate is a joy to explore and you’ll do just that on a group tour of its fascinating wine cellars. End your tour on a high note with a wine-tasting session before returning to Cape Town.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Africa Select Journeys, 13a Gardner Williams Ave Paardevlei, Cape Town Central 7710 South Africa
- This private tour will run exclusively run for you. The itinerary is flexible and can be tailored to spend more time at the tour’s highlights that interest you the most or swop for alternative options. This is a private tour running exclusively for you or your group.
- Do contact us during of after the booking process to let us know if you would prefer any changes to the tour and we can suggest an updated itinerary and cost estimate if there are any additional charges.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick-up from any hotel, guesthouse, backpackers or street address within 10km radius of Cape Town or Stellenbosch central. If your hotel is not listed, simply select "my hotel is not listed" on the drop-down menu and type your preferred pick-up address.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Customers who have not reached South Africa's legal drinking age of 18, will not be served alcohol
- Please wear clothing that is comfortable for walking; open-toed shoes and flip-flops are not suitable
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by a responsible adult
- The exact itinerary is subject to change and may, on occasions, run in reverse order or travel in a different route if Chapman's Peak Drive is closed
- Please note: Wine tasting or pairings are not included for children under the legal drinking age of 18 years. Extra meals or drinks are under the adult’s responsibility and is not included in price.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Safe Travel COVID-19 Compliance : This tour will adhere to the latest Tourism Industry Safety & Hygiene Protocols for leisure travel during the pandemic as prescribed by the TBCSA (Tourism Business Council of South Africa) aligned with the latest World Health Organisation (WHO) guidelines; • Tour Guides and travelers will be required to wear cloth face masks whilst on tour; in the vehicle or in public for travel during the pandemic. • Travelers will be required to sign and complete a Declaration of Health document when boarding the tour during the pandemic. • Hand sanitiser or disinfectant hygienic wipes will be available and used regularly on tour during the pandemic. • Tour group size capacity limits and social distancing controls will be strictly monitored during the pandemic. • Tour vehicles will be cleaned and disinfected between tours as well as during the tour during the pandemic. • All operations, third-party transport, activity and/or accommodation suppliers (if any) used on tour will adhere the required COVID-19 guidelines for travel during the pandemic and until post COVID-19 travel protocols are determined. • These protocols will be updated as required on an on-going basis in line with the risk adjusted activity allowed and the pandemic status in South Africa.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- This tour will adhere to the TOURISM INDUSTRY STANDARD COVID-19 SAFE PROTOCOLS during the time of the pandemic as prescribed by TBCSA aligned with the latest World Health Organisation (WHO) guidelines. The protocols will be updated on an on-going basis in line with pandemic status in South Africa.