Fernkloof Guided Half day Walk
Half Day walk
Explore the magnificent Fernkloof Reserve in the heart of the Cape Floral Kingdom with local guides. Refreshments enjoyed beside the waterfall in a unique Afro-montane forest .Boasting over 1600 flower species in an area of roughly 1800 hectares . Numerous bird species , many of which are endemic. Home to tortoises, baboons, mongoose and small antelope.This place is a gem.
Stunning whale watching posts in season with beautiful panoramas of Walker Bay, Hermanus and the Hemel & Aarde wine valley. Great way to stretch the legs and breathe in the Hermanus Champagne air . Choice of various trails ranging from 4 to 14 km to suit your fitness level or time constraints.
What's included :
- Tea, Coffee or Fruit Juice
- Entry/Admission - Fernkloof Nature Reserve
What's excluded :
- transport not included
Stop At: Fernkloof Nature Reserve, Hermanus, Overstrand South Africa
a beautiful guided walking experience in the fynbos reserve. Excellent views of Walker bay & Hermanus. The heartlands of the Cape Floral Kingdom where the phenomenal wealth & diversity is experienced. We walk along the single track of the limestone mountains into an afromontane forest where we take a break to brew coffee. Good birdlife and prolific floral displays.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Fernkloof Nature Reserve, Hermanus, 7200, South Africa
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- No further measures required due to to the wide open spaces . Outdoor hiking allows for safe distancing naturally