Drakensberg Mountain Range and Nelson Mandela Capture Site Day Tour from Durban
Enjoy a guided day tour to the Drakensberg Mountain Range from Durban. See Bushman Paintings, the beauty of the mountains, the World Heritage Site of Giant's Castle as well as the Nelson Mandela Capture Site. Experience an area of South Africa like you've never done before alongside a knowledgeable local guide.
What's included :
- All activities
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entry/Admission - Nelson Mandela Capture Site
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
Pass By: Drakensberg Mountains, Drakensberg Region South Africa
The Drakensberg is the name given to the eastern portion of the Great Escarpment, which encloses the central Southern African plateau. The Great Escarpment reaches its greatest elevation in this region – 2,000 to 3,482 metres. It is located within the borders of South Africa and Lesotho.
Stop At: Nelson Mandela Capture Site, R103, Howick 3620 South Africa
The Nelson Mandela Capture Site is a cultural and historical exhibition that is situated at the site at which Nelson Mandela was apprehended for his anti-Apartheid activism acts in August 1952.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Giants Castle Game Reserve, Giants Castle Game Reserve, KwaZulu-Natal
Giants Castle Reserve is a South African world heritage site. Giants Castle Reserve derives its name from the enormous rock formations that tower over the reserve which has the appearance of a sleeping giant.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup surcharge will apply for pickups from Umhlanga, Ballito and Scottburgh Hotels
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Please note: pickup reconfirmation is required upon booking, please refer to voucher for further details
- Minimum numbers apply, 2 per booking. If you are a single traveler, there is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not recommended for very young children
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note: hotels located in Umhlanga and Ballito are not included in the hotel pick up list.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Cullinan Holdings has introduced a compulsory vaccination policy with immediate effect, as follows. 'With rising global COVID-19 cases among the unvaccinated population, Cullinan Holdings have implemented a policy requiring all guests travelling either on a group or scheduled tour with Thompsons Africa, to be fully vaccinated. A group is defined as any guest travelling with one or more persons who are not family or friends. If however fellow guests are family or friends travelling in isolation of other guests (private bookings), no mandatory vaccination is required (to be reviewed based on the prevailing global circumstances). This requirement applies to groups (ad-hoc and series), Guided Journeys and all scheduled departure day tour experiences, and is done in the interest of creating a safe environment for everyone. It is the guests' responsibility to ensure that they always comply with these requirements. No refunds will be given if guests are unable to undertake some or all their holiday due to their failure to comply with these requirements. Guests will be responsible for any resulting additional costs including travel and accommodation. Proof of vaccinations may be requested, when necessary. We further strongly recommend that guests ensure they have adequate medical and travel insurance for the duration of their stay in Southern Africa.'
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- All guests travelling either on a group or scheduled tour with Thompsons Africa must be fully vaccinated. A group is defined as any guest travelling with one or more persons who are not family or friends.