Day Hike - Guided Knysna Forest Elephant Hike, 4-5 hours
GUIDED ELEPHANT WALK IN DIEPWALLE FOREST NEAR KNYSNA
Enter the cool depths of the peaceful Knysna Forest and spend 3-4 hours hiking below the giant trees, searching for the elusive Knysna Elephants and learning all about the unique forest life and the possibility of seeing the Elephants.
What's included :
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from trail head
Enter the cool depths of the peaceful Knysna Forest and spend 4-5 hours hiking below the giant trees, their canopy far above you. The walk through the forest is relaxing and a great escape from the sun on a hot day.
On this route that winds through indigenous forest and crosses natural streams, you can stop to admire Giant Outeniqua Yellow Wood trees, estimated to be over 600 years old. The beautiful but elusive Narina Trogon as well as the Knysna Turaco are just two of the abundant forest birds to look out for on your walk, while the dainty bush buck are plentiful and often found grazing at the forest edges. Knysna has between 2 and 6 Forest Elephants still raoming around these forests and you never know we may be lucky and spot one.
Departure Point :Unnamed Road, South Africa
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use