Cruise on Blyde Dam & Moholoholo Rehab Centre Day Tour from Hazyview
We travel North from Hazyview to the Blyde River Canyon for an alternative look at the Dam and Canyon. Board the boat for a 1.5 hr interpretive tour. See the living Kadishi Tufa waterfall. At 200m (660 feet) its the 2nd tallest Tufa waterfall on earth.
The abundance of wildlife, including hippos, crocodiles, primates and a diversity of birdlife, will keep you enthralled while hearing more about the natural history of the Blyde Canyon. It is the largest “green canyon” and the 3rd largest in the world.
Stopping for lunch(own account) on our way to Moholoholo for the 15h00 tour.
Passionate conservationists will take you around the centre, giving you some interesting information on the various animals and birds they have there. Learn about the rehabilitation techniques and treatment of injured, poisoned and abandoned animals & birds of prey. Youll see, lion, leopard, cheetah, hyena, Wild dog, birds of prey, vultures and honey badger. There's always something different or new as well.
What's included :
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- All activities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entry/Admission - Blyde River Canyon Nature Reserve
- Entry/Admission - Moholoholo Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
An abundance of wildlife, including hippos, crocodiles, primates and a diversity of birdlife, will keep you enthralled while learning more about the natural history of the Blyde Canyon. The Dam is the 3rd largest in the World and is the largest “green canyon” due to the subtropical foliage.
The cruise takes about 1.5hrs and is followed by lunch (own account) before we head to Moholoholo Rehabilitation Centre for their tour at 15h00. Their experts will take you around the centre where some of the animals and birds might be handled depending on their condition. Learn about the rehabilitation techniques and treatment of injured, poisoned and abandoned animals & birds of prey.
Depart Moholoholo for the journey back to Hazyview.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
DreamfieldsTatendaRissington InnCasa do Sol Hotel & ResortIdle & WildBergdale CottagesBlue Jay LodgeAbangane Guest LodgeKruger Park HouseHazyview CabanasLittle Pilgrims Boutique HotelSabi River Sun ResortWaterberry HillChestnut Country lodgeAshbourne Country EscapeUmbhaba LodgeTranquil Nest LodgeExploreres Lions Rock River LodgeLaughing Waters Guest HouseThulamelaNabana LodgeKiaat BungalowsVilla Rostrata On LakePlumbagoTjimaka LodgeNumbi Hills Self-CateringNie-Zel Log HomesOppi PlaasGreenfire Lodge HazyviewSan Michele
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- Closed on Christmas Day and New Years Day.
- Pick ups outside Hazyview, might be at a surcharge.
- 2 days prior to arrival or less - 100% cancellation fees.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers