Cape Town: Hike - Camps Bay via Kasteelspoort to Cableway (Half day Hike)
• See spectacular clifff faces and thick fynbos including our stunning Protea
• Admire the views of Camps Bay and all the way across Table Mountain to the Cableway
• Visit the Woodhead Dam on the way, a must to take in this incredible feat of engineering
• Take a cable-car trip down to the Lower Station in the 360-degree rotating cable car
Follow the Kasteelspoort trail from Camps Bay up to the top via a meandering path. At the top, your views, your reward! From there you make your way towards the Cableway via the Valley of the Red Gods. Anyone who is reasonably fit can do this hike.
What's included :
- Snacks and water during the hike
- All transport to and from your accommodation in Cape Town within the City Bowl and immediate surrounds
- Services of your qualified and experienced Mountain Guide
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- One-way ticket down on the Cableway
The hike starts in beautiful Camps Bay. Kasteelspoort ravine is a trail that takes one all the way up to the top via a meandering path. On the way you’ll see spectacular cliff faces and thick fynbos including the stunning protea bushes. At the top you are rewarded with the most spectacular views of Camps Bay and views of Table Mountain all the way to the Cable Car station and Signal Hill.
From the top you'll make your way towards the Woodhead dam to take in this incredible feat of engineering. You'll then make your way along the Valley of the Red Gods to the Cable Car.
On this hike you will stop off at spots for wonderful photo ops as well as for a well earned water and snack break brought along by your guide.
This hike can be undertaken by anyone who is reasonably fit.
Departure Point :Our guide will collect you from your accommodation within the Cape Town City Bowl and immediate surrounds and transport you to the start of the hike at the bottom of Table Mountain.
Departure Time :We operate 7 days a week and our start/pick up times will differ according to the hike/tour taken or can be pre-arranged with our guide.
Return Detail :Our guide will return you to your accommodation in the Cape Town City Bowl or immediate surrounds after the hike.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please wear comfortable walking/hiking shoes, bring suntan cream and a windbreaker (something warm)
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized