Bites &Bikes - Inner City Cycle Tour ©
Dare to try some locally dried biltong, nibble on a traditional koeksister or sample Cape Town’s most flavoursome fish curry? The City Bites &Bikes tour is a four-hour guided bike tour through the colourful, cobbled streets of the Bo Kaap (with an optional visit to the legendary Atlas Spices store), followed by cycle through De Waterkant, Green Point and the V&A Waterfront, sampling quintessential South African fare along the way.
What's included :
- Bike and helmet rental
- Bottled water
- Snacks - Sampling of local street food
What's excluded :
- Additional purchases
Stop At: Company's Gardens, 19 Queen Victoria Street, Cape Town Central 8001 South Africa
The Company's Garden is the oldest garden in South Africa, a park and heritage site located in central Cape Town. The garden was originally created in the 1650s by the region's first European settlers and provided fertile ground to grow fresh produce to replenish ships rounding the Cape. It is watered from the Molteno Dam, which uses water from the springs on the lower slopes of Table Mountain.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Bo-kaap, Cape Town Central South Africa
Situated at the foot of Signal Hill, on the fringe of the city centre, and formerly known as the Malay Quarter, the Bo-Kaap’s origins date back to the 1760s when numerous “huurhuisjes” (rental houses) were built and leased to slaves. These people were known as Cape Malays, and were brought from Malaysia, Indonesia and the rest of Africa to work in the Cape.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 16 years.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- Single travelers enquire about adding on to prebooked tours.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- A maximum of 10 people per booking.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers